Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Exit Exam

 

The Question:  Explain Tannen's idea that men and women communicate differently, and how would this information help in your own relationships.

Do you agree or disagree with Tannen's ideas about male/female conversation. Use your personal experience to argue your position.



In the essay "Sex , Lies and Conversations" Deborah Tannen discusses the issue of male/female conversation. Based on her findings, men and women don't communicate the same way. Often what is mistaken for 'not listening', is just indicative of different ways of hearing. I think by using Tannen's points (made in the essay), I can improve  my own relationships.


Tannen discusses the ways men and women miscommunicate.


I find the points Tannen made in her essay can directly impact my own relationship.


Conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment